AutoCrypt Digital Key
The most secure and seamless way to control vehicle access
Custom digital key development solution in compliance with CCC.
The vehicle lock-and-key system has evolved from relying on conventional turnkeys to the usage of smart key fobs and keyless entry systems. Now, a personal mobile device can act as a key. Known as the digital key, it is capable of not only controlling vehicle access, but also enabling secured vehicle sharing among multiple users.
As the first automotive cybersecurity company in Asia to join the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), AutoCrypt® Digital Key is a development solution based on the CCC Digital Key 3.0 standard, with backward compatibility with Release 2.0.
AutoCrypt® Digital Key is based on a certificate-chain-of-trust authentication system for vehicle-to-device (V2D) communications, making it far more secure than existing smart keys and keyless entry systems.
Utilizing its proprietary PKI technology, AutoCrypt® Digital Key provides the most secure vehicle lock and key system, interoperable across different smartphones and vehicles, providing a seamless user experience for both vehicle owners and shared users.
Vehicle Access Control
Remotely access and control your vehicle via the Digital Key as the owner or as a shared user, with controls to the door and trunk lock, ignition, and even sounding the horn, all through the smartphone.
Key Registration and Sharing
Register your vehicle onto the Digital Key app to activate the key. The Digital Key can be shared with multiple users, who can either log in using shared credentials or via an invite link.
Restrictions and Settings
When sharing the vehicle, the owner can configure a range of restrictions and settings such as the duration of access, permission to (un)lock, as well as maximum speed. The owner can modify permissions, opt out of sharing, or extend sharing at their discretion.
What is the digital key?
The digital key allows for a smart mobile device to take the place of a physical key. With the installation of a mobile app, the digital key takes on all the roles of the conventional key – (un)locking doors and turning on the ignition, plus a wide range of additional features such as key sharing.
The digital key is practical and convenient, as it enables the driver to access their vehicles seamlessly, eliminating the need to carry anything other than the smartphone.
AutoCrypt® Digital Key utilizes Near Field Communication (NFC), the same technology most notably used for contactless payment systems. Because of the embedded NFC technology in present-day mobile devices, a digital key can be installed on virtually any smartphone.
Shareable, but secure
As one can with a regular key, a digital key can also be sent and shared with others.
To keep the sharing process secure, the sender can select specific users to receive the key and limit their access to certain functions. This shareability can contribute to the expansion of carsharing services in the era of connected and smart mobility.
AutoCrypt Digital Key coverage
Based on the CCC Digital Key 3.0 standard, AutoCrypt® Digital Key provides all the components needed to establish the Digital Key infrastructure, from the management server to the user app.
AUTOCRYPT establishes and provides full support for the following:
- Key tracking server: management server for usage history and preferences
- Vehicle OEM server: the server used by automotive manufacturers to generate and manage digital keys
- Vehicle CCC applet and host API: deployed inside a vehicle’s secure element (SE), responsible for verifying and connecting with the vehicle owner’s smartphone
- Relay server: enables the digital key to be shared between the vehicle owner’s smartphone and a shared user’s smartphone
- Vehicle OEM app: the frontend application that communicates with the vehicle OEM server
Standardized and secure digital key
CCC 3.0 Compliant
- A core member of the Car Connectivity Consortium
- Designed to comply with CCC Digital Key Release 3.0
- On-premises deployment available for key tracking servers, vehicle OEM servers, and relay servers
- End-to-end encryption for communications between servers
- Cryptographic algorithms based on proprietary crypto engine
Fleet Service Consulting
- Linkable to server-based owner device (SBOD)
- Consulting provided for mobility fleet operators